In these nonfiction books children will LOVE to read with words they CAN read, children will use their knowledge of letters and sounds to decode (sound-out) the text. The Big World Nonfiction series uses a combination of photographs and illustrations to create beautifully designed and engaging visuals. These visuals, combined with the same phonic sequence as the popular Pip and Tim series, this series gives young readers the opportunity to learn, or strengthen and consolidate their existing skills, and experience success! As well as so much more!
This series by Little Learners Love Literacy covers a range of text types and topics, making sure to pack in as many facts as possible! Children will be able to build their vocabulary, which is vital for their comprehension development, and their content knowledge. Each book includes a Talk About It section designed to spark discussion and develop oral language skills.
KEY FEATURES OF THE BIG WORLD NON-FICTION SERIES:
- Packed with facts (and plenty of humour) on a range of local and global topics
- Follows the tried and tested LLLL sequence to ensure children achieve success
- Every book includes ‘How to enjoy this book’ notes, ‘Speed Words’ for additional reading practice and a ‘Talk About It’ page with extra facts to discuss and explore together
- More content is available through a QR code in the back of the book to inspire children to go further in their learning after reading the book.
Phonemes and graphemes:
ck (and blending adjacent consonants)
- Book 1 – Fun at Camp
- Book 2 – Inspect an Insect
- Book 3 – Quack! Cluck!
- Book 4 – At Dusk
- Book 5 – Golf for Kids
In Stage 5 children practice the skills of blending adjacent consonants at the start and the end of words, as well as applying new knowledge ‘ck’ (two letters making one sound).