Four days, eight inspirational keynote speakers, more than 50 informative sessions - plus an additional three weeks of on-demand playback access! The 2022 DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Virtual Conference is an unmissable event for anyone with an interest in improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for students. Register now!
The DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Virtual Conference will provide a wealth of information on the factors influencing the successful acquisition of skills in language, literacy and numeracy. It will be particularly relevant to classroom teachers, school principals and administrators, school psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, allied health professionals, tutors, parents and other key stakeholders concerned with the effective education and support of all school-aged children - including those with learning difficulties.
The Keynote Speakers
DSF has put together an amazing line-up of keynote speakers. Information about the keynotes and other conference speakers can be viewed on the event website and app.
We are delighted to introduce the following keynote speakers:
Professor Stanislas Dehaene
Professor Julie Washington
Professor Courtenay Norbury
Professor Emeritus Claude Goldenberg (USA)
Dr Eugenia Cheng
Professor Andrew Whitehouse
Conference Book Specials
We have curated a selection of titles from our conference speakers, including books from Stanislas Dehaene, Eugenia Cheng, Tom Sherrington and Lyn Stone, as well as the practical and evidence-informed Understanding Learning Difficulties and Understanding Language Difficulties guides.
To view our featured books, follow the link below:
The full conference program can be downloaded here
or viewed on the event website
This year, the DSF Language, Literacy and Learning Conference will be held as a virtual conference over four days between Tuesday 19 April - Friday 22 April 2022. Attendees will be given access to a conference website and an optional app where all pre-recorded sessions can be watched across the week, with an additional three weeks access allowed to catch-up on additional sessions of interest. In early April, attendees will receive an invitation email to create their own login on the conference website/app
. No special software is required.
On each of the four days, two keynote presentations and a number of concurrent sessions will be released at pre-scheduled times throughout the day. Session times will be shared in the conference program which will be available soon. Once released, attendees are free to watch as many of the sessions as they like during the conference and the subsequent 21 days. Access to these recordings will automatically close at 6:00pm on Friday 13 May 2022. Sessions will vary in duration and will include keynote presentations, workshops and presentations. Resources will be shared and attendees will have access to special discounts and products via our sponsors and exhibitors.
Why is this conference for you?
The Language, Literacy and Learning Virtual Conference will provide valuable information, current research evidence and effective strategies to teachers, practitioners and individuals concerned with the provision of high quality instruction to all students. It will be particularly relevant for:
- Primary school teachers keen to improve literacy and numeracy outcomes in their classrooms;
- Principals looking to improve whole-school literacy and numeracy outcomes;
- School Psychologists keen to better support the schools they work with – particularly in the areas of first-wave high-quality literacy and numeracy instruction, individual assessment, and with second and third wave intervention and accommodation;
- Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists working with students with literacy difficulties keen to improve the assessment they conduct, the therapy they provide and the recommendations they make to schools in relation to literacy difficulties;
- Learning support teachers keen to assist with the improvement of both initial literacy and numeracy instruction and intervention strategies delivered in the classes they support;
- All practitioners and parents keen to learn more about the development of language, literacy and learning from an evidence-informed perspective.
DSF is proud to be partnering with the following sponsors and supporters:
Sponsors & Supporters
Would you like more information?
If you would like more information about our conference, please get in contact with DSF via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (08 9217 2500). Follow us on Facebook
for conference updates and the latest DSF news.