Potential Tutors are required to complete and submit an application form to the Tutor Administration Assistant and attach all supporting documentation (i.e. resume, WWC Card, copies of degrees and certificates).
Qualifications, experience and requirements
All prospective tutors and those registered with DSF are required to:
- Have an appropriate qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- DSF Specialist Teachers must have a teaching qualification
- DSF Tutors must have a recognised qualification from another relevant discipline (e.g. Education Assistant, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy etc.)
- Secondary Teachers need to have taught English and/or Maths
- Have a current Working with Children Check (WWCC) and commit to renewing the WWCC as required by the government
- Have a minimum of two years practical experience or equivalent (e.g. in a classroom, as a therapist, individual tutoring)
- Have provided the names and contact details of two professional referees who can attest to the applicant’s credentials, professionalism and aptitude
- Have a current Tax File Number (TFN) from the ATO
Teachers with less than two years experience may be considered. Their teaching experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Tutor Manager.