Date(s) - 11/05/2017 - 12/05/2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Registrations & Pricing
Registrations can be completed using the form below. Discounted registration fees are often available for DSF members. Please log in if you have an existing account on the DSF website.
Retrieve log in details | Become a Member
This two day workshop offers teachers an overview of the T4W approach and provides opportunities for hands-on participation in the steps of this exceptionally effective instructional approach. The workshop addresses the use of T4W for both fiction and non-fiction and covers:
• Planning, both for a unit of work, based on instructional needs of students, and at a whole-school level;
• The “Three I’s” – Imitation, Innovation and Invention – which are the basis of the T4W approach and which allow students to move from dependence to independence in their writing in a systematic, scaffolded way;
• Providing effective feedback to students in order to promote skill development;
• Accurate assessment of writing, in order to track student progress and guide teaching goals; and
• Development of grammatical skills, with a focus on functional application of grammar in writing, through ‘warm-up’ games selected to meet specific instructional needs of students.
This workshop is suitable for primary school teachers
RegistrationPlease ensure you have read and understand our cancellation policy before completing the form below. If you have any food intolerances or food allergies please be aware that whilst we make every effort to make our caterers aware of your needs we cannot guarantee that your meal has been created in a 100% allergen free environment. DSF will not be liable for adverse reactions to food consumed on our premises.
This event is fully booked. Please email us with the workshop date and title if you wish to be placed on the wait-list.